Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm Headed To Nashville!

I am very excited to announce that I've booked an audition in Nashville (and found an affordable flight! ). If nothing comes of it, I'm still very excited to finally get to see my cousin Jen's home outside Nashville.

The project is an American Southern Gospel Revival show, featuring songs by the Speer Family, the Happy Goodman Family, The Chuckwagon Gang, The Cathedrals and many others. It is called Renaissance Revival and as the producer explained is more a ministry than a music show.

It sounds just like what I've been looking for. I have always loved quartet music and really enjoy the Men of Faith at Faith Community Church (where we got married). For a while, I have wanted to sing with the Men of Faith, but needed the right music. After listening to some of the music for this show, like Turn Your Radio On (the link is Skeeter Davis), The Speers, and the Happy Goodmans (how awesome is Vestal's hair??) I feel like I've finally discovered the music I've been looking for.

If nothing comes of it, I'm still really excited about discovering "white gospel" songs that I love to sing. I am also really excited that my husband is supportive of my audition and following my dream to sing for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment